Temporary Skill Shortage Visa (Short Term) (Subclass 482)
This particular stream is for employers who are willing to hire workers from any other country to fill a short term position for maximum 2 years, only if International Trade obligation allows to. There are three steps involved in this Visa, they are:
- The business established in Australia must get a Standard Business Sponsor Status from Home Affairs Department. The sponsorship is valid for 5 years.
- The nomination application is submitted on behalf of the business
- Last step is the nominee needs to pass the language criteria, health, and skills.
Criteria for applying 482
- The job has to be on short term occupation list
- An applicant must have minimum two years of experience in nominated occupation.
- An applicant must be nominated by an approved sponsor.
- It is important to meet vocational English and Genuine Temporary Entrant Criteria
- Applicant must pass the labour marketing test or hold a skill assessment issued by Australian departments.